Thursday 27 December 2012

The Beginning.

Hello Everyone!

I am just about to embark on my no 'poo experiment for you all to join me on. Today I had my last 'poo. Sort of a monumental moment as I trashed that last shampoo bottle and flipped the beauty industry the bird... well not really, it was just like any other 'poo really.

Now I should explain first, for those who are not familiar with the term no 'poo, I do not mean that I have some sort of fiber deficiency. I mean that I am no longer using shampoo to wash my hair. Instead I will be using baking soda and apple cider vinegar as shampoo and conditoner as infrequently as possible in an attempt to improve my hair health (by not constantly stripping my hair of its natural oils) and save money in the proccess (being a poor student).

Now I'm no expert, and dont know anybody who has tried this personally, but from what I've read on the internet this is what I can expect:

- A transitional period of greasy hair that can last from 3 days to 3 weeks
- Shinier, healthier hair
- Enhanced natural curl
- Less time between washes
- More vibrant hair colour

My hair used to have these beautiful big curls that have recently dropped into crappy slight waves so I'm reaaally hoping going no poo will bring back my curls!

Keep following this blog to watch my progress!

Cherie x

No comments:

Post a Comment